It feels like forever since I have done one of these posts but happy to bring them back into the rotation!
HIGH – Getting right into the pool for both of my swims this week – Yes this may not seem like a big deal to many of you but until this week it was taking me AT LEAST 10 minutes to get into the pool to start my workout.
LOW – Not getting enough lifting in this week – I average an hour and a half of strength training this week but it was all broken up in places and didn’t get to fit in any classes.
HIGH – Spending two mornings at Beantown Bootcamp – Have really missed my morning work out buddies. Although I didn’t take class I still got to see everyone in the morning (and fit in a much needed coffee date) and it really made all the difference for the rest of the day.
LOW – Running a marathon Sunday coming off my highest week of training and no rest days – Not a huge deal but am in no position to be running this marathon Sunday. I’ll get it done but it is not going to be pretty.
HIGH – Swimming by length instead of time – For some reason this made my swims go by so much faster. Maybe because I had control over the workout instead of the clock?
LOW – Fundraising is really at a standstill – Starting to get REALLY nervous about fundraising. I have been emailing, and letting people know what I am doing but for some reason I am not progressing anywhere.
HIGH – Getting 67 miles on my bike in and not feeling dizzy like last week – It was a perfect day to ride and I had ate about 1000 calories just in carbs/sugar the night before. I also only stopped once during the ride.
LOW – Getting in a new bathing suit and it not fitting – Nanc has been on me about getting a second bathing suit so I don’t have to worry about my only one not being clean. I finally ordered one from amazon and it barely fit around the waist. It honestly looked like a child’s bathing suit but checked the size and it was the one I ordered.
HIGH – HIGHEST TRAINING WEEK YET – With the marathon this weeks breakdown will be 50 miles of running (plus whatever coaching bring on tomorrow), 8 hours on my bike, and 2 hours swimming. Really figuring out how to fit workouts in when I can and being flexible with my training schedule this week to make it happen.
LESSONS LEARNED FROM TRAINING THIS WEEK
- Carbs make everything better. I already knew they worked wonders for emotions but now I have proof they work physically too 🙂
- If your chain gets off your bike track you can lift the back wheel and pedal to get it back on (Thanks Ami and Youtube).
- Bike helmets have a back adjustment….. (Luckily I was never hurt by this but I had no idea I was not wearing my helmet right).
- Wetsuits are expensive. I started doing research and they can run up to $900! Because of this I might be swimming in the pool until my birthday 🙂
5 FUN FACTS (about myself) FOR FRIDAY
- I had to wear a back brace in middle school for a few years due to severe scoliosis
- I sleep with a fan or the AC on year round because I love going to sleep cold and the sounds helps me fall asleep
- My birth mark is on my forehead and my brother has the exact same one
- I am obsessed with To Do lists and probably make 3-4 a day
- I HATE the rain. Not only does it get everything wet but it also makes everything smell musty
HOPE EVERYONE HAS AN AMAZING WEEKEND AND PLEASE DO SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR YOURSELF
Please help me hit the halfway mark of 3,500 mark by May 10th by donating with the link below!